(Heat treatment, fumigation with sulphuryl Fluoride. treatment with phostoxin, treatment with pesticides and fungicides for planting materials, hot water treatment for seeds)
The treatment is effected on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and the fees for heat treatment is Rs 300 per metre cube.
- Items and volume to be treated - Contact person with phone no.
It is the responsibility of the exporter/importer:
(ii) To open, repack, load or unload consignment from heat treatment chamber. (iii) To remove them after treatment and inspection as required by the NPPO
SF treatment facility is offered at the Fort George office for the treatment of wooden articles destined for export or in the case of noncompliance to the phytosanitary import conditions of imported agricultural commodities. The treatment is carried out on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Fumigation treatment facilities for agricultural commodities/wood meant for export/import using Sulfury1 Fluoride (SF) gas are available to exporter/importer at the fumigation Plant Facility at Fort George Sub Office, Port Louis, Tel: 242 8284, Fax : 240 4479
(i) To bring the consignment to the fumigation plant facilities.(ii) To open, repack and load or unload consignment from fumigation chamber.(iii) To remove them after treatment and inspection as required by the NPPO
(1) Appointment is taken by the NPPO Office with the Entomology Division for the treatment of the said agricultural commodity
(2) A fee of Rs 500 is charged per container and the importer is requested to settle payment prior to treatment
(3) The treatment will be undertaken for a period of 5 days at the Port Area
(4) Following treatment, final release will be given by the NPPO Office.
Hot water treatment facilities are available free of charge to the planting community for the control of seed borne diseases for the following: - Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum) - against tomato scab (Xanthomonas campestris pv vesicatoria) and tomato speck (Pseudomonas syringae pv tomato)
- Chili (Capsicum spp) - against Xanthomonas campestris pv vesicatoria.
- Cauliflower (Brassica oleracea var. botrytis) and Cabbage (Brassica oleracea) - against black rot (Xanthomonas campestris pv campestris)
- Brinjal (Solanum melongena) - against Phomopsis vexans